Monday, October 17, 2011

Outer Space

Xander and Nick and I, individually, at different times, have been noticing the moon. Sometimes in the early morning, sometimes at night, sometimes in the 7-8:00 am hour.

Xander and I pinpointed a planet last night. He said, "I wish I could see our planet." Then we talked about why that wasn't possible. Just by coincidence, I had borrowed a book from the library called Is There Life In Outer Space? which is a Level 1 Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science book (by Franklyn M. Branley). That series is great. The writing style is just right for an elementary level. It was published in 2000 and still included Pluto as a planet. :) Xander was very interested.

I have a tendency to post here when we've done something wholesome or educational. To balance that out, I have to admit I have been letting the boys watch too much TV lately. I'm pretty happy with the types of programs I allow (PBS, Dora, Blue's Clues, Cars, The Wiggles), but it's just been too much time in a row with the TV on.

Today we have a great start. Xander is happily off at school. Nick and I have taken a walk, eaten blueberries, and had independent playtime, and next we will play "Freeze" to music for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment