Nick is happy and loud today. He woke (again!) at 3 AM but I was able to get him back to sleep pretty quickly and he slept in a bit. I will take it. I told him he was quite feisty today and he said, "Yes!" While waiting in a tax office for our files, he was so cheerfully loud that the proprietor came out to say hello. I am proud to say that Nick wanted to share his outing snack with both the proprietor and Xander.
So, the new simple learning activity for the day is: Calculator. Ta-dah! This is how I "made it up:"
- Nick spilled some chocolate milk on our little hand held calculator. I said, "Uh-oh, I hope it still works!"
- Xander said, "Let's test it and see if it still works."
- I showed him how to press a number, press the + symbol, press another number, and press the = sign.
- He was fascinated with the numbers he could add up to for a long time.
- I'm surprised I didn't think of this sooner. Talk about educational hand held electronic entertainment!
And here are our latest pictures:
|No-Bake Healthy Cheesecake (Healthier, that is)|
|Xander adopted this puppy he found under our bed (a gift from Grandma Lucy at Christmas)|
|He made sure to design a puppy bed out of his slipper and had me knit a blanket that was just the right size (Oh, he did make sure to tell me, "Pretend this puppy is already house trained." It's a convenient puppy.)|
|Nick's cutting strawberries|
|Toddler knife, don't worry|
|There's our good ol' Nick|
|Strawberry Heartcake for Valentine's Day|
|Look at this picture of me, my dad, and my siblings back in the day (I'm the one in the Shalom Y'all shirt)|
|Xander's class Valentine's Day party - tons of treats|
|Mmmm, ice cream sundaes|
|Making candy necklaces|
|Enjoying his table-mates|
|with his table-mate who moved away - this was his last day|
|Yep, Nick is handing me his diaper...outdoors|