Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lazy!

Ay ay ay! Another late, fuzzy start today.

(I really do say "Ay ay ay," and "Oof da" in normal conversation. Don't judge me, please. :)

It's true that Xander got to bed late last night. It's true that the TV is on and has been for a while. It's true that I've been on the computer for...a while. It's true we missed library story time - mainly because I wasn't sure if Nick could handle it after getting up at 5:30 this morning.

On the other hand, it's also true that:

  • Xander got up before 10:00 in a cheerful mood. 
  • Nick has been sitting in a corner reading aloud to himself for half an hour. 
  • Xander is playing his Lego Frog Rush board game instead of some more mindless activity. 
  • The TV is on (mostly) high-quality PBS kids' programming. 
  • I got what I consider to be a nice breakfast on the table for everyone (homemade waffles, blueberry syrup, turkey bacon, chocolate milk, coffee for the adults...) and they verbally appreciated it. 
  • I realized after talking to Grandma Bonnie that we will still be able to attend library story times when we are staying with her for our (Erik's) work trip.
  • And, importantly, Xander was good about doing lessons yesterday even with a delayed start. So there is hope for later.
Ooh! Three other bright spots I thought of just now:

Nick now likes baths again, after my little breakdown in patience yesterday evening: "Guys! In the tub! People take baths, you know! This is not optional," etc., etc.

I finally persuaded Xander to write a sentence when I used the show Wild Kratts as motivational material. "Raptors have sharp beaks and powerful talins."


Every time I tell Nick to go wash his hands and face in the bathroom (which is often because he is an always-hungry, dirt-loving boy), he runs off and does it. SO much less work than when Mom has to do it every time!

Wanna see one of the shelves Erik made for Xander's walls for Lego project displays? The top shelf is deeper, for big buildings or vehicles, and the bottom shelf will be great for the minifigure characters Xander creates by mixing up heads, bodies, outfits, and accessories.


Awwwwww, Xander just said, "Maybe when I am an adult I can get a kitten or a cat for a pet!" I said, "Yeah, when you don't live with me or Dad anymore because we're allergic." He said, "Yeah, but I'll wait for one of our neighbors to move away and live there so I can be near."

I would love that, sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment