Friday, March 19, 2010

A Hard Day

I've been knitting some projects lately instead of trying to blog each day. But I got the urge tonight.

Tonight I have kind of a heavy heart from taking care of the kids today. In general, we are fantastic. We have each other and all the necessities. We will have good health again. It's just that today was hard. For everybody.

Erik worked two jobs.

I worked overtime even for a mom :) because of the kids' illnesses. Mostly my emotions are worked! I want them to be better.

Xander still has a fever from the ear infection he never complained about. The only reason we took him to the doctor was because I could feel how high his fever was with my hand.

Nick has gone haywire and won't drink much of anything. Hardly any breastmilk, very little cow's milk, the tiniest bit of formula. A sip of water. Just to make myself feel a little better, I'll write what he ate for solids. A scrambled egg for breakfast. A toddler breakfast bar, a handful of raisins, and a piece of toast spread with refried beans for lunch. About a half cup of yogurt for snack and half a breakfast bar. Half of a very small piece of pizza for dinner. He took three naps today which he hasn't done for a while. Then I had to put him down at 5:30 for bedtime! He was just too fussy and tired to be up. He cried so hard at 8:00 that I got him up to see if there was anything I could help him with. I sang to him and walked him around, gave him a little bit of ibuprofen, gave him another chance at the sippy cup, but no. That reminds me, he will actually hum when I'm singing to him. It is very sweet. He really likes to be sung to. We also read Goodnight Moon before bed which he seems to like a lot better than other books I try to read to him. I think it's the bright green and orange colors.

Xander enjoyed a couple books I got for him from the library. One was about Koko the signing gorilla and one was about giant pandas. They were both at a perfect level for him. I've started singing a bedtime song to him, too, since I do it for Nick. It's just the kind of thing Xander likes. I sing "Dream Angus" now. It's a lullaby I found recently that's really intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment