Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Things I'm Loving

I was helping Nick drink juice out of his sippy cup just now. He looked into my eyes as he drank it. That reminded me of Xander and how he would look deep into my or Erik's eyes as he nursed, or took a bottle, or drank from a sippy cup. Even today I will sometimes catch him staring at me as he drinks from a cup. This is strangely one of my favorite things in the world.

Something else cute Xander is doing right now: He will tell us, "I did that last year," when he means that he did it yesterday or this morning. For the most part, he can follow and initiate any kind of conversation (excluding adult topics) now, but we can tell that he's still getting down the "in the past" words. I love it. My first baby is getting rid of all his baby traits and not even having potty accidents, so I am reluctant for him to change some of those things he's still working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment