Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

I know it's still early on Father's Day 2011, but I'm posting some pictures below. Erik and Xander went to a Youth Fishing Derby at McKinney Falls State Park yesterday. Xander already knew some of the things they taught at the workshop due to previous fishing trips and practices with his dad. However, they had never caught even one fish together. Yesterday, they caught five! Xander had a great time.

Today, so far, we have had lunch, chocolates, and gifts. I gave him a remote control/mail/miscellaneous caddy and three books on brewing beer. In the time since I ordered those books, he bought one for himself and Jeremy generously bought him two, so he now has some serious studying to do.

Xander and I made him something as well, but I've put it somewhere and forgotten where. :(

Later today, we are going to tour the neighborhood YMCA which is allegedly quite amazing. We're thinking of starting a family membership. We can also go swimming when the pool opens...it is going to be another record-breaking hot day here, something like 106 degrees.

Tonight, we are having Erik's request: barbecue pork on Texas Toast with french fries and salad and either strawberry shortcake or chocolate chunk breadsticks. I have one more idea for the day, but best keep it to myself for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment