Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fourthday

Thursday is going to be our challenging day, I think.

I slept a little bit late.

Xander slept a little bit late.

I didn't even get coffee or breakfast together for anyone except the kids until much later.

Lunches were packed this morning instead of last night, meaning other morning things didn't get done. I was pretty tired of packing them by today.

Erik and I both (I think I can speak for both of us here) were a bit draggy and hazy.

However...Xander got to school in regular time, which is actually a bit early because Erik takes him on the way to work, and he even had on clean clothes, had brushed his teeth, had his hair combed, and didn't forget his backpack or lunchbox; I remembered at the last minute to put in his little lunchbox note which I think he is beginning to really like; I was able to clean up the kitchen later in the morning; Nick had a pretty regular morning and good nap; and Erik took PTO to come home early today! Nick and I don't even have to sweat in the pick-up lane to get Xander this afternoon!

We made it through Fourthday (my new term for the hardest day of the schoolweek to face)!

Oh, and last night I met with the PTA president because I had put my name down as interested on the Parent Education program sheet. Education? Parent? That's all about me!

So now I am the PTA Parent Education Chair. Erik says he is totally there for me. Um, didn't I make this same mistake last fall? Didn't I say I was never volunteering to be in charge of something again? Nick is speaking in new more complicated sentences every day, Xander is flourishing in kindergarten, Erik is searching for and finding new ways to network in his job, and I am.dumb.as.a.rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment