Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I've been looking back at previous posts. I think Xander looks older even since Christmas! See?


Here are more pictures from this month:
Strawberry Surprise Salad for the kids

Our broccoli sprouts, which are growing beautifully

Nick made seed balls at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

And we've planted them at home!




Digging for plastic bugs was a big hit there, too





In our back yard

He looooooooves that wheelbarrow
He uses it in unconventional ways, like dumping mud from it onto his head



Not so happy






Happy



Here, we made those Gingerbread "Corndogs" that Xander thought up

The finished result, though heavy for popsicle sticks, was dipped in frosting

It wasn't quite what he envisioned, but it was a very nice snack for the whole family

Later, we all watched Tron and had homemade popcorn and M&M mix. (Or, as Nick calls it, popcorn and treat.) I wasn't prepared for how inappropriate Tron was: I thought it was better for middle-school-age. But there was no blood (people died or were "repurposed" by shattering) and no swearing that I can remember. The big surprise for me was that both kids loved it and were not at all disturbed or scared by it. After all, Nick gets upset sometimes at "The Remarkable Runaway Riderless Tricycle" when the tricycle is in danger of being pursued by a police car!

Then it dawned on me that in one case, with the tricycle, he can understand that there is danger, and in the other case, it's all foreign. Probably what they liked were the fluorescent-lighted vehicles and suits in Tron.

2 comments:

  1. From all the pictures you've posted, I've never really noticed how much Nick and Xander look alike. But in this series, it is very apparent that they're brothers. The last picture of Nick with the watering can highlights his profile, which looks strikingly similar to Xander's. And those gingerbread corndogs look delicious!

    PS- GRR, for some reason I can't post this from my wordpress account even though I just did one on the previous post! Ah, technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to ignore those glitches and see if they go away. Pretty passive, I know.

    Yes, the boys will probably look quite a bit alike as they grow, but they do have different coloring and noses. :)

    ReplyDelete