Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mac-tooties

I deciphered something Nick's been telling me!

For months now, every once in a while, Nick says, "Mac-tooties! Mac-tooties! I want mac-tooties!"

Often he is pulling on some kind of box that I can't associate with anything he would want. I have just been confused and never gave him his request when he asked for the mysterious mac-tooties.

Today I told him I had a sort-and-match activity for him and he said, "Yes! Yay! Mac-tooty!"

Slowly, it dawned on me. "Do you mean learning activity? Is that mac-tooty?"

He said, "Yes!"

We were both so pleased.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! What relief! I love when we finally decipher a lingering phrase. Our recent one was "Dee-doh dee-doh." She would just say it randomly, all throughout the day. I tried to see if it was related to anything. But it was definitely not. Then we went to storytime and when it was time for "Twinkle, Twinkle" she got so excited and turned to me and said, "Dee-doh, Dee-doh!" Ah, ha!

    I'm pretty sure mac-tooty is the cutest thing I've seen in a while, though.

    ReplyDelete