Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sandy's Adventures to the Castle

I tried again to get down one of Nick's stories.

He said, "I want to read a story about Sandy."

I said, "Okay," and got out my notebook. This is what I caught of it. The ellipses are where I didn't catch things.

"It's called, Sandy's Adventures to the Castle.

"Sometime, Sandy heard a song.

...

"Sandy walked to the castle, the drawbridge opened, and Sandy said, 'Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!' The guinea pigs marched to the castle to attack.

...

"But there was shooting cannons." [sounds of shooting noises and wheeks]

"Koa said, 'The new pyramids of the castle, we save this castle for Xander's attack of the castle.

...

"It's the newest apartment of the castle."

[Xander interrupts with, "Aw! I hate being a bad guy!"]

"Xander's going to be a good guy if Nick is going to be a bad guy."

[Xander: "Is Nick going to be a bad guy?"
Nick: "Yes."
Xander: "Yay! I'm a good guy!"
Xander again: "I want to see the pictures."
They both go to look at the Imaginext toys which are set up for a good ol' castle battle.]

"The castle defended Koa and Cadbury...

"The sea was made out of ice...then the pyramids dirt.

...

Later, there was a wheeking song that the guinea pigs sang. There was mention of guinea pigs liking or not liking hamsters. Xander joined in on the song later. Then there was more story I gave up on catching. Songs were interspersed.

I missed more than I got down. These treasures are ephemeral.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the imagination of your boys! I laughed at the hating to be the bad guy part of your story.

    ReplyDelete