Sunday, February 28, 2010

One of the Best Days Ever

This morning I got to sleep in until 7:05ish. Then Nick and I got up. Xander slept in until 8:00 (came in at midnight from the Monster Truck Jam). By 8:40, Nick was in independent playtime in the playpen, Xander was watching Dora the Explorer, I had taken a shower, and Erik was up. Nick's nap time came shortly after, while Xander played dinosaurs and knights in his room. Erik and I had a good hour together to plan our backyard vegetable/fruit garden.

I went to meeting and on the way back bought a soil tester. When I arrived home, there was lunchtime and outdoor time while Erik and I talked some more about our garden plans. At nap time, he and I worked on digging the garden. It was the most beautiful day for gardening: not too hot but kind of warm, not very windy, sunny, and peaceful. We talked and did some manual labor. (Erik's job was more labor than mine; he dug and turned dirt, and I pulled out grass and roots and shook the dirt out before putting the detritus in our compost bin.)

It's only 3:10pm, Nick is starting to wake up happily, Xander's still sleeping, and Erik and I have Home Date Night tonight! I have some small plans...

Erik just told me we have 100 square feet of garden. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment