Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Love...

I wrote this in response to a wonderful woman's group email today:

"Along with almost everything else about him, I love that my 4 year old loves his little brother. He likes to tell him what not to do, and when I told him Mommy and Daddy will take care of teaching Nick what to do and what not to do, he asked, "What can I take care of?" I told him he can take care of making Nick laugh when he feels like he wants to, so Xander took on that job yesterday. It was so sweet how he remembered to do that throughout the day. 

I love how I turn to Nick and smile and he smiles a big toothy big-baby smile at me, like we're sharing a joke. I love so many, many things about him. Even though it's frustrating sometimes, I love his determination. And how he bounces to music--in rhythm!--and hums when I sing to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment