Thursday, April 22, 2010

Return of The Chronicles of Narnia

Xander's reached the age of listening to chapter books! I've been waiting for this phase since before I had kids. You may not believe me, but I bet my mom and my husband do. :)

I let Xander watch Narnia today and he was really into it. He's seen it before (my dad gave it to him two Christmases ago), but I had to hold it back for a while because he got too excited watching the battle scenes which led to havoc in the house.

After he watched the movie, I told him there was a whole series of books about the lion Aslan called The Chronicles of Narnia. He wanted to read them. I explained they had no pictures and if I read them to him it would only be listening for a long time, not looking. He was still eager, so I read to him for 15 minutes while he finished his lunch. He loved it. I read Chapter 2 to him before bed.

When I was a kid, I think we read through the series three or four times, and then as I got older I read them to myself another who-knows-how-many times.

Xander's first run through The Chronicles of Narnia has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment