Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Countdown to Halloween

Today Xander and I made a paper chain to count down to Halloween. This is the idea we used: http://learningdevelopmentactivities.blogspot.com/2009/10/countdown-chain.html

It was fun. It gets more and more fun to make things with Xander because he is capable of so much more. For our chain, he cut out some of the strips of paper and he connected some of the links together. He also came up with some of the ideas for activities that we wrote on each link, including the category of "loving acts." He really wanted to do some nice things for JT and JT's mommy and daddy and his friends at school and Bailey.

Then he wanted to make a ghost while I was busy with Nick, so I told him I was unavailable to help him. So he got a piece of paper out of the printer and took his scissors and cut a ghost shape out of the paper. I can still hardly believe it. It was missing a head, but since I couldn't immediately cut one out for him, he cut a small head shape out as well! Freehand scissoring! It looks great!

When we were making the chain, Xander said, "Oh, I am so exciting for Halloween!"

No comments:

Post a Comment