Sunday, October 31, 2010

On Halloween

Has anyone read the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin? If so, you will recognize the recitation Xander is making right now:

"White sandal, white sandal, what do you see? I see a red door looking at me. Red door, red door, what do you see? I see a brown shelf looking at me. Brown shelf, brown shelf, what do you see? I see a green couch looking at me. Green couch, green couch, what do you see? I see a dark green Daddy looking at me. Dark green Daddy, dark green Daddy, what do you see?"

Here insert Erik telling what he sees and Xander correcting him. "No Daddy, try again."

I think what started the whole thing was the jack-o-lantern decoration on our red door. The red door really was kind of looking at him.

We are about to get him dressed up in his ninja costume again to trick-or-treat around the neighborhood. He told the bagger at the grocery store that he had a ninja costume but he was going to Batman tonight. He said he had that costume at home. I told the bagger that was news to me!

This morning, I told Xander, "Happy Halloween!" He said, as if he was very touched, "Thank you, Mommy!" When we went to meeting today, he told everyone Happy Halloween. Wendy had made us all Halloween cards and on Xander's she put: "Happy Halloween! Zander! Zander! Zander! I love you. Wendy" The card was three mice dressed up as cheese and other things. It was perfect for him. The name was misspelled but he doesn't care.

Tonight we had breakfast-for-dinner: pancakes, bacon, and juice. And milk. The boys were very happy. Nick can eat more pancakes than any of us. I am afraid of diaper-changing time.

I will add pictures of Xander once he's dressed.

Here they are:


1 comment: