Monday, March 26, 2012

Dude, I'm Farting, Honey

You knew this post was coming, right? I am just beginning to learn about the ramifications of a testosterone-filled house. (Even our guinea pig is male.)

So, first things, first: food. Nick actually asked for rice and garbanzo beans for lunch today, and ate a ton.

He has a cute habit of addressing me as "honey" sometimes. I guess I use that term a lot toward the boys. Xander has always addressed Nick that way when he wanted to be helpful and sweet.

Two examples today:

We were watching a YouTube video of a guinea pig in a train-set-town who was cast as a "giant" guinea pig "attacking" the town. He basically nibbled lettuce while standing near tiny people and tiny emergency vehicles. The girls making the video used high-pitched screaming voices to say things like, "You're eating our children!" "Why are you attacking us?" etc.

Nick said, "It's screaming, honey," to the guinea pig.

Later, Nick found his sunglasses in our toy box and brought them to me, saying, "I wan' wear my sunglasses, honey."

Speaking of terms for people, I just overheard Xander using the word "dude" for the first time. He is repeatedly asking Nick, "Dude, how did you kill all these? Dude, how did you do that? Dude, how did you defeat that guy?" He also wanted Nick to cooperate as he made himself into a "fart cannon" while I loudly vetoed the idea from the kitchen. What a fabulous example he sets. :) No, really, he is a good example of a loving, smart, conscientious person...who just happens to love play-fighting and talking about farts.

2 comments:

  1. THIS is why I'm terrified to have a boy. You will be a great source of sympathy and encouragement in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought I would have a girl and I thought I could relate to her really well...now I would be terrified if I had a girl! :) I've gotten so used to boys, and they are super fun. And tiring.

    ReplyDelete