Thursday, March 1, 2012

Good Job, People

Nick now tells me, "Good job!" when I do good things, such as think up an acceptably yummy snack.

His own skills have increased. A week ago, we had an almost perfect grocery shopping trip. Today, it was basically perfect until the last minute when he wanted up (but didn't get it).

Through no major fault of anyone's, Xander went to school in his pajamas today. It started last night.

Last night, I packed a Dr. Seuss Pajama Party bag for Xander's class party on Friday. His teacher had sent home a note about the party they were having with the day, date, and the (labeled) items the kids should bring. I wanted to pack it right away so it was done, so I put three Dr. Seuss books, three other books, a small pillow, and a small flashlight in a reusable grocery bag, while the family was looking on. After dinner, I put Nick to bed. Then I went to a church event while Erik put Xander to bed.

This morning, very early, I had my first dental appointment in about five years. Erik got Xander off to school. My appointment was interrupted by a call from the school saying that Xander seemed to have gotten his days mixed up and was in class in pajamas. Nobody else was. They got a hold of Erik after I said I was at the dentist, and he brought Xander clothing. Erik was a little worried that Xander had been distraught about the situation...and if Erik is worried, I get downright anxious. Nick and I popped by the school later to eat lunch with Xander and his classmates, who love having lunch guests, and to drop off a snack we had not packed for him. Xander had quickly recovered from this morning's incident.

I will store this anecdote as proof that I was right not to make any dental appointments in the last five years. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I totally avoid the dentist, too! I think it's been about that long for me as well. As long as nothing's hurting or broken, I don't go. I mean, come on, I don't go get X-rays every 6 or 12 months just to make sure my bones are fine, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh! That's true. There is something so intimidating if not actually scary about all the poking around and photographing teeth and gums. Those pictures of real mouths with real dental problems on the walls? Yikes! (Another reason not to go while pregnant.) Oh, but I should 'fess up and say I had my first cavities in my whole life that will now have to be treated. I think pregnancies plus being over age 30 affect teeth and gum health.

    ReplyDelete