Sunday, July 15, 2012

Good Morning

When both boys got out of bed this morning, at different times, they each said, "Good morning, Mom."

They always do. I love it. It reminds me to be more cheerful to start the day.

They sat down to a breakfast of cereal and fruit. Juice for Xander. He is appreciative of any time I give him something (like juice) before he asks for it, and he said thank you in a heartfelt way.

When Nick got up from his breakfast, he came over to me and said, "Hi, Mom!" as if we hadn't seen each other yet today. Then he said, "I nice to see you, Mom."

I told him it was very nice to see him, too. Then he repeated, "I nice to see you, Mom."

What a fabulous way to begin the day.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad to hear this tradition will still live on! I am greeted with a daily, "Geed moy-meen, Mommy!" (And the same phrase is used after nap, even though we've tried to teach good afternoon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so heartwarming and inspiring! Truly!

    ReplyDelete