Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today

I am making yeast rolls from scratch today. In my opinion, it is not an activity that meshes well with taking care of little children.

Earlier, Xander was Superhero Doctor. He cut the baby out of me, which I find interesting since I have never had a c-section for him to hear about. I blame all his unexplainable knowledge on preschool. :)

Nick is starting to communicate more clearly. Today he used an unmistakable "I don't want this" cry when I kept putting English muffin sticks with sweet potato spread in front of him. It had that intonation, you know? I am consistently showing him the "all done" and "more" signs while I say, "No, Nick, ssshhhhhh, say 'more' instead." And he does say something that starts with the right sound. Not hard proof, but I find it interesting. He definitely mimics my tone. I have suspected for a long time that his, "Haaaaaahhhhhh," is really, "Hi!" because he says that in the same tone of voice we use to say hi to him. It's so fun to hear him say, "Haaaaahhhhhhh, A-da," to Erik. 'Course he says it to me, too, but we aren't picky.

Got to go, the timer is telling me it's time to punch down the yeast roll dough.

2 comments:

  1. Kristy -- Just now I finally got caught up on your blog. The last one I had from before was your list of favorite books, of which the favorite was "Where the Wild Things Are. One of my 60s/70s friends, Milton Hoffman, produced a TV documentary of Sendak and gave me an autographed book which I still have.

    I loved your stories about Sir Reddy and Sir Pants. Have you ever thought of publishing? You should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aunt Pat! I finally got caught up to my blog, too. Normally I don't do a whole lot with pictures, but I posted three picture-posts today! I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete