Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What, Mommy's Not Good Enough For You?

Aunt Johanna is visiting. Today the kids and I dropped her off to do some errands near the grocery store, then went home for naps. Xander said, "Wait! She'll be right back." Yes, after a couple of hours, I told him. He insisted that she would be right back and I kept explaining that she had some things to do for a couple of hours and then she would come back. Finally, in desperation, he put it in the form of a question. "Will she be right back?" Even Erik looked a little lonely when he went on his morning run. Johanna has been joining him but didn't make it today.

Nick hasn't been sleeping well. When I say "hasn't been sleeping well," I mean he's been sleeping terribly. Writing this now makes me wonder if he's sleeping badly because of having company. He is ridiculously social already and I noticed him sleeping badly when Grandma was here, too. I think he just wants to be up and around people. For goodness' sake, my family is going to dump me when the kids are older and the three sociable ones realize how much of a homebody I am.

On the other hand, Nick does seem to be going through his first Mommy-don't-leave-me phase, so the title is not exactly accurate. I should have titled it "Parenting: The World's Longest Guessing Game."

No comments:

Post a Comment