Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Healthy!

Nick and I picked up our first delivery of CSA veggies from KYV Farms this morning! The vegetables look beautiful. I will be making leftover pot roast soup tonight with fresh veggies. I have ideas for pureeing lots of them and making breads, breakfast dishes, and even a type of poached eggs with cubanelle pepper puree! We received baby bok choy, spinach, a leafy green that has a nice flavor similar to arugula, yellow squash, zucchini, green bell peppers, cubanelle peppers, two types of cucumbers, and radishes. I had two cucumber and radish sandwiches today and loved them. Nick likes to play with the vegetables. He may have actually ingested some cucumber with lunch. Xander said he really liked his diced-cucumber-mayo-and-ham sandwich.

The kids came with us to vote at lunchtime today. Xander has been to voting before, but it was Nick's first time. He had a blast running up and down the room. Xander got four I Voted stickers so he thought it went pretty well, too.

I did some research just now on firesafety.gov to make a fire safety plan for the family. I'll go over it with Erik when we get a chance. I feel like it has been a day of good physical, mental, and civic health - ahem - so far. There are many hours left in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment