Tuesday, July 12, 2011

If I Can Keep Myself Awake...

One of the funniest things Nick does (I think) is try to stay awake while watching TV on a day when he needs more sleep. He has lately been teething and not sleeping well at all.

I finally found the magic solution (for this situation, at least) in children's Advil. I had been giving him children's Tylenol and it barely made a dent in his pain. As soon as I took the children to the store to buy some Advil and his first dose had a chance to do its work, I had my cute, affectionate, funny little guy back. What a relief!

So he had a solid night's sleep last night and that always makes him extra drowsy. His body is ready to make him catch up on lost sleep. Right now he is sitting in front of the TV with Xander, blinking like crazy and scowling as if the sun were in his eyes. It's a half-smile, half-scowl, because after all, what he is doing is more enjoyable than taking another nap.

Let me see if I can show you.



These photos are not nearly as funny as the real thing. Oh, well. I have put him in bed so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment