Friday, July 8, 2011

Pooltime Adventures

Xander made a good friend at swim lessons today. This new friend's family group consisted of himself (probably over five years old), a sister (probably about four years old), a little brother (23 months old), and his mother and grandmother. We found ourselves often together when we played in the pool after lessons.

This boy made a point of asking Xander if he would be at swim lessons on Monday. He was also confused by Xander's name, to the point that he asked if Xander was a boy or a girl.

Xander simply said, "Boy."

Then Xander ran after him to ask if he could come over and play at our house sometime. Xander and I are working on memorizing my cell phone number and he's got the first several digits down. So he told this boy, after inviting him over, that our phone number was 904.

The other boy's mother and grandmother and I had a pretty good "awwwwwwww" and laugh about their overtures of friendship.

The lifeguard almost jumped into the pool to save Nick today. We were in the wading end. Actually, I hadn't found it necessary to get in the pool yet, but I did have my suit on. Nick decided to walk and walk and walk and walk into the deeper end. By the time I realized he wasn't going to stop, despite getting a bit of a worried look on his face, the lifeguard had gotten ready to jump off her lifeguard stand to rescue him! I was close enough to beat her to it.

The child proceeded to do the same thing twice (this time with me a centimeter behind him) until I put him on the splash pad.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the things you write about. Swimming lessons sound like fun- albeit tiring! :) At least it's a nice way to keep cool and spend some time out of the house. I think summer is worse than winter for cooping us up indoors.
    How was your visit the other day with the newly arrived family? You're such a sweet family- so hospitable. I wish I could move there and lose my furniture/cookware in the move, just so we could hang out!
    Your boys sound so wonderful. Nick is fearless, huh? I think I've got a "walk-till-the-water's-past-your-eyeballs" kind of kid, myself. Time will only tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Kim, I'm afraid you may have a "w-t-t-w-p-y-e" child for sure! Nick is actually the more cautious of our two, and he would probably look like a wimp compared to your Hula Girl. :) We are trying to find a way to get up to your neck of the woods soon - didn't we talk about a southwest-type Babywise shindig sometime? ;)
    Our visit was awesome! Knock on wood, Nick has gotten along with every toddler he's played with so far - I think.

    ReplyDelete