Sunday, April 15, 2012

Oh.My.Gosh

Xander has a new bike! I mean, a brand-new bike! The amount of stuff the kids have gotten in the last few weeks is outrageous. Granted, their grandmother came to visit and it was Xander's birthday and we got some of these things at garage sales, but still. I suspect Erik has been using retail therapy to make up for the fact he has to leave for three months tomorrow morning. Happily for us, he has also been on a handy-man rampage around the house.

He bought Nick a bubble gun, child's armchair, tiny drawer-and-shelf set, pair of water shoes, Robots game, and large plastic truck. He got Xander a Lego set, huge Nerf gun, bike helmet, large Captain Alex poster, water shoes, and a brand-spanking-new bike that is definitely a big boy bike. Once we take the training wheels off, that is.

Here is Xander on his first ride on the new bike:






We are very sad about facing a few months without Erik, but we are busy trying to make this a great weekend. We wrote some special notes to pack secretly in his bag and sent some framed photos with him as well. The plan is to Skype every evening in a very informal way. It will be good for the kids to hear his voice and see his face every day. For me, too. Meanwhile, the neighbors have been extremely supportive and offered their services if we should need them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man! That's a long time to miss someone! I hope the time flies by, and that you and the boys can live it up this summer! Yikes, wouldn't it be crazy if you were doing this while you had a newborn?!

    All those gifts sound like they're made for fun. What a great way to "spoil" some kiddos! I bet Erik will enjoy hearing about all the ways the boys are using his gifts!

    I would offer you my services as well... but instead I'll just offer my prayers and well-wishes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may also wish to share with Xander (if you want to go there) that blogger's word capture identification system for my previous post included the word "turdi"... I thought he'd get a laugh out of that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! And you are a bad influence!! :)

    ReplyDelete