Friday, April 27, 2012

Potty Training Is Great!

Okay, not exactly great, and I am exhausted today. So is Nick. It's hard to be optimistic when exhausted. I do have to say that Nick is going in the potty every day and having very few accidents. He has done both numbers (#1 and #2). We have been on necessary outings which have gone well. One outing accident so far. As a "seasoned" mom, I dealt with that just fine. I was so embarrassed when that happened with toddler Xander. This time I was matter-of-fact.

I noticed today that Nick is starting to resist sitting on the potty pretty strongly. He is learning and progressing, just not happy about the potty. Maybe after a good night's sleep he will be back to normal. I'm afraid that our outings have set us back maybe a day's worth of progress. Not that we're backtracking, just that we might not see the progress in four days that we otherwise would have.  We had to go to the library, soccer practice, and the grocery store. Tomorrow we have to go to Xander's soccer game and I feel that I need to put a pull-up on Nick because we have pictures and I am the team snack mom for the day. I will have to be present instead of in the bathroom taking someone potty or changing him.

We got to Skype with Erik tonight, kind of late. Nick wouldn't go down to bed at all calmly until after he had talked to Erik. (He didn't give this as a reason, but he was hysterical the first couple of times I put him down.) Erik treated us to some harmonica playing, his new "bachelor" hobby. He and his house mates are hosting a barbecue on Saturday for co-workers, and he is seeing my college friend Miranda in Ithaca on Sunday. She'll take him around our old haunts. I suppose she'll show him the field house, athletic center, and track along with the campus and sights. I didn't even mention those to him when describing the area, but we spent 60% of our time in those places. If you count the long runs, which ranged all over the campus. :)

Xander had the greatest time on his field trip to Sweetberry Farms today. I'm so glad. They did really fun things like help ladybugs get to the aphids, feed goats, pet horses, pick strawberries, eat lunch and snack, shoot old berries out of some sort of gun, and last but not least, ride the school bus both ways.

2 comments:

  1. Heck, shooting berries out of a gun would be the highlight of my YEAR if I were Xander's age again! And anything that involves ladybugs...well, let's just say I want to go on his field trip! :)
    We had a public potty accident last Tuesday (first one ever) and I tried really hard not to be embarrassed. I was mad at myself (it really was my fault), but I had to work hard to keep that in and just be matter-of-fact. Hula Girl didn't even seem phased... whew! I'm sure if it happens again I will be less flustered.
    Such a sweet bond Nick has with his Daddy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got through the first one! Now you are "seasoned" in that way, too. Congratulations! :) She has been such a quick study with potty training. And with everything, as far as I can tell.

    Yes, their daddy is very important to them. I can't wait until he can physically do things with them again. I'm sure he can't wait either.

    ReplyDelete