Monday, January 7, 2013

Parenting Duty Discharged

Today Xander and I finished The Hobbit. This was a big day for me. When we finished the Chronicles of Narnia and today, when we finished The Hobbit, I felt as if one of my biggest parenting duties were discharged. He has been introduced to those worlds. I have completed that task.

Xander said he liked it. Throughout, he would always ask me to read, "More, more!" He has not yet seen the movie, but after having seen it myself, I am in no hurry to have him watch it.

I am sure we will be reading these books again in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's not a small feat! I can't wait until we start reading books that have more than 12 pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get there. :) I've always loved reading books to the boys, but when they were in their 1-2-year-old phase of wanting me to read those vehicle or animal picture books where you're just reading the label under the picture over and over and over...I got a little impatient. :)

    ReplyDelete