Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This Week's Goals


How did I do on last week's goals? Poorly. But I did something that amazed myself. That was fun. I finished a 30K race (that's 18.6 miles!) with friends who persuaded me to join them. We ran 2 minutes, walked 1 minute through pretty much the whole race. I am training for 5Ks and never imagined that I would do something this long. It is fun to know that you can do something you never thought you could do.

We also all got our hair cut (Xander, Nick, and me). We made firm plans for our Valentine party on February 9th. Xander did quite a bit of school work. (I have to admit there has been more resistance than usual lately.)

Last week's goals:

Christmas:
Knit 10 rows on the partridge.

Knitting:

Knit 6 rows on the mustang and its accessories and knit 13 rows on the Maximum Scarf.
{I did knit 1.5 Valentine bears for our party treat bags. :)}

Parenting:

Spend 15 minutes taking more notes from Raising Happiness.
Make sure Nick makes using the big toilet (instead of the potty) a habit. {We got rid of the potty!!}
Work on Xander's "turtle steps" toward not whining during school.
Read aloud at most breakfasts, lunches, and dinners using the books from my 2013 read-aloud books list. (Pippi Longstocking, 7 Habits of Happy Children, The Adventures of Laura and Jack, The Indian in the Cupboard...)
Do assessments this week with Xander.

Marriage:

Work on my own "turtle steps."
Consistently get up early with Erik so we can both work on our fitness plans.

Personal:

Continue making a to-do list each day and prioritizing it. Do the hardest or least fun thing first.

This week, I will have to scale back my goals. 

Sunday, I did that long race and recovered from it, as well as doing the grocery shopping for the week. Nick got a face injury jumping on bleachers while waiting for me to finish the race. Erik spent all that day at urgent care with him, where he got five or six stitches. 

Yesterday morning, we went to preschool and the play group afterward. That always eats up quite a bit of our day. 

This morning, we went to the boys' dentist appointments. 

Wednesday is our normal library story time day. 

Thursday, Xander has a dermatology appointment. 

Friday, Nick needs to get his stitches out. If we have time, we will go to the science playgroup, too.

When I realized we had three doctors' appointments this week, I knew my goals would be shot. ;)

But here they are anyway:

Valentine's Party:
Knit five or six teeny Valentine teddy bears.
Try the sliders recipe ahead of time.

Parenting:
Listen to Xander some more about his feelings about school and challenging tasks.
Read aloud at most breakfasts and lunches from our book lists.

Marriage: 
Have more than one planned episode of quality time with Erik.
Get up each morning with Erik for our fitness plans.

Personal:
Continue to work hard at my household tasks and goals in a systematic manner.
Do not denigrate myself to anyone for a week. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, way to go on running 18.6 miles! We are signing up to walk a free 3k here and I'm just hoping I don't pass out-ha! You have some great goals set and I have a feeling you'll meet quite a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice to read, Jean! You are a great cheerleader. Hey, doing a 3K can be a gateway to all kinds of things. :)

    ReplyDelete