Monday, January 14, 2013

This Week's Goals



Time for a weekly goals update. These were my goals for last week:


CHRISTMAS:

Put $5 into Christmas envelope.Knit 10 rows on the partridge.

KNITTING:

Finish 1 washcloth. {I just have to bind off.}Knit 6 rows on the mustang and its accessories.Knit 13 rows on the Maximum Scarf.Finish the other bathroom hand towel.


PARENTING:

Spend 15 minutes taking more notes from Raising Happiness.Make sure kids have their Morning Cards habit ingrained.Make sure Nick makes using the big toilet (instead of the potty) a habit. (Almost there!)Work on Xander's "turtle steps" toward not whining during school.Read aloud at most breakfasts, lunches, and dinners using the books from my 2013 read-aloud books list.


FINANCIAL:

Strictly stick to our budget plan. {Over on gifts and bought a book for school that we didn't budget for.}Use afternoons to do money-saving tasks on the computer.


MARRIAGE:

Work on my own "turtle steps."Starting Friday, consistently get up early with Erik so we can both work on our fitness plans.


PERSONAL:

Get up at 6:00 every day. Begin routine.Continue to make meal preparation, laundry, and training/teaching/listening to my kids my must-do priorities. (Not necessarily in that order.)Continue making a to-do list each day and prioritizing it.Attend church on Sunday.Visit the Chronicles of a Babywise Mom Google group on Sunday.Follow our schedule. Every deviation has the potential to take us off course from our goals! {We did really well on this but we deviated at times.}

Now for this week's goals:

CHRISTMAS:

Knit 10 rows on the partridge.

KNITTING:

Knit 6 rows on the mustang and its accessories and knit 13 rows on the Maximum Scarf.

PARENTING:

Spend 15 minutes taking more notes from Raising Happiness.
Make sure Nick makes using the big toilet (instead of the potty) a habit. (Almost there!)
Work on Xander's "turtle steps" toward not whining during school.
Read aloud at most breakfasts, lunches, and dinners using the books from my 2013 read-aloud books list. (Pippi Longstocking, 7 Habits of Happy Children, The Adventures of Laura and Jack, The Indian in the Cupboard...)
Do assessments this week with Xander.

MARRIAGE:

Work on my own "turtle steps."
Consistently get up early with Erik so we can both work on our fitness plans.

PERSONAL:

Continue making a to-do list each day and prioritizing it. Do the hardest or least fun thing first.






3 comments:

  1. That's the hardest part for me. I love making to-do lists... but actually doing the hardest things on them? Forget it. Sometimes I just get ahead of myself and do the worst thing before I make the list so that I don't even have to write it down! That's why I was vacuuming Gelato's rug in his room at 7:15 on Sunday morning. I HATE vacuuming that thing. It's all loopy and can get caught in the vacuum. But it was done and my list was free from loopy awfulness. :)

    I think you are brave to post your weekly goals in public. Certainly adds a layer of accountability I'd rather do without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the turtle steps idea--that should be just about my pace. I did monthly "resolutions" that are really goals this time around but I should still make a goal list like this. You accomplished quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jean! I find the turtle steps are especially great for my son who would otherwise get overwhelmed with something big or vague. :)

    Kim, I meant to reply to your comment that I need the extra accountability to counteract the laziness! :)

    ReplyDelete