Monday, March 25, 2013

Kristy's Typical Day

I do a little bit less of this these days.
This is a sample of my typical day at this point:

Early Morning:

Get up, get ready.
Drink coffee while reading one of my "special" books.
Do before-breakfast tidying chores. Make sure common area and dining table are ready for both breakfast and school.

Morning:

Get the kids breakfast; eat breakfast.
Do the morning warm-up for school.
Help kids get their Morning Cards done.
School. Three days of the week, we go out to educational activities for a while.

Afternoon:

Sustained Silent Reading time for all of us.
Quiet time for kids; nap time for me!
Snack. Start prepping dinner. Get on running clothes and prepare for my workout.
Pre-dinner chores for everyone.

Evening:

Family dinner time. Family eats; I drink tea or water and talk with everyone.
I go for a run. Erik does a lot more of the bedtime routine for both boys these days.
Eat; shower. Make sure boys are on track for bedtime.
Work for an hour and a half.
Spend time with Erik or fall into bed, hopefully having done my night-before prep with coffee, clothes, and other things.

On weekends, I try to do several hours of work on Saturday plus an hour or two of housework. Sunday is for lots of rest, family stuff, and an hour or so of housework. Right now, I am running on both weekend days.

No comments:

Post a Comment