Friday, March 8, 2013

Running, Running, Running


Big changes. I'm working more from home. It's turned my life almost upside down, at least temporarily. Writing for this, that, and the other site, and I'm about to start wearing a wrist brace while typing! I've already set up one of our living room chairs with strategically placed pillows for a work chair.

We hope this working for pay is only temporary to get us out of debt. Things have become a bit serious and buckled-down around here. All for the good, we hope.

Meanwhile, the kids are thriving and I am still homeschooling. I've managed to rig the schedule so only a couple of things suffer. Erik is picking up the slack by cleaning a little more when he's home (while I do a little less) and I am basically getting less rest. But not too much less rest, because I couldn't hack it. :) Unless it was an emergency.

Xander and I both ran races as part of a race festival last weekend. Mine was a 5K and his was a 1K. We both had so much fun. I beat my personal best time and placed in my age group. Xander said his race was great and he'd like to do it again in the future (even though he didn't come in first).

Nick liked saying hi to H-E-Buddy


the start of Xander's race - he's wearing black



the finish line

race goodies

Nick was exactly this tired as a result of our trip


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good plan going. I can relate to needing to be more serious and buckled-down. Trust me your now alone with it all. Way to go on the races--love all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jean - it means a lot to know and remind myself that I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete