Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm It!


I got tagged with an Alphabet meme by Jean at So Not Organized. I love reading her stuff because she tells it like it is, including the times that life is not picture-perfect. Loving life when it is not picture-perfect is such an important skill to have! Plus her boys are eight and 12 years old. I am taking mental notes for the future. :)

Here are my important thoughts:
Alphabet Meme
A. Attached or Single?
Attached. Married to my perfect counterpart (meaning we are opposites in a lot of ways, but we have the same overarching values).
B. Best Friend?
Still counting a small number of high school friends as my best friends forever. :)
C. Cake or pie?
Ice cream cake.
D. Day of choice?
Friday.
E. Essential Item?
Coffee, yes. 
F. Favorite color?
Don't have one. 
G. Gummy bears or worms?
Gummy anything, thank you.
H. Hometown?
I guess I consider Prior Lake, Minnesota, my hometown, but I grew up a little bit in Kentucky and Texas, too.
I. Favorite Indulgence?
Sour Patch Kids.
J. January or July?
Neither one. I'm feeling contrary today. March is a nice month. :)
K. Kids?
Two boys. Love them.
L. Life isn’t complete without?
Running. No, really it's family and friends who love you, but running adds something important to my life.
M. Marriage date?
August. It's been almost nine years!
N. Number of brothers/sisters?
One brother, one sister. Thank God for them.
O. Oranges or Apples.
Clementines, yes.
P. Phobias?
Cockroaches, water bugs. 
Q. Quotes?
I still really like this one from Woody Allen: "My relationship with death remains the same. I'm strongly against it." The one on the heading of this blog is important to me: "Day by day, what you do is who you become." And my always-favorite Bible verse is: "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
R. Reasons to smile?
My husband and children. Positive people. Humor/comedy in good spirit.
S. Season of choice?
Fall.
T. Tag 5 People.
Decline. I'll tag Wee Irish Family, but feel free to ignore if you want. :)
U. Unknown fact about me?
I have visited or lived in eight countries.
V. Vegetable?
Any of them. I eat all my vegetables.
W. Worst habit?
Reading up on and scheduling out something that I don't make time to actually DO in real life. At least not as consistently as I read and think about it.
X. Xray or Ultrasound?
There are situations when each one is pretty necessary... Otherwise, I say avoid recreational use. ;)
Y. Your favorite food?
Cookies 'n cream ice cream, or tuna noodle casserole.
Z. Zodiac sign?
Pisces. I'm touchy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along :) I loved reading your answers. Why didn't I think of ice cream cake? YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this of many of your answers: "I want to say what she said!"

    ReplyDelete