Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday Success Story? Or Did I Not Follow Through on Friday?

Random photo to start the post
Did I get my three Follow Through Friday tasks done?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: to follow.

1. Finish The Homemaking Cottage articles.

Actually, yes, I did do this. Just now. Three of them were posted by yesterday, the due date. Two more were posted this morning, after Erik did me an enormous favor and let me sleep in.

2. Return library books.

Yes. I went to the library by myself! I like doing that. Came back with way too many books for myself, but also some good ones for the kids. We shall see if I can finish my big stack of books before my renewal limit is reached. (I am with you, Jean!)

3. Clean.

I cleaned the guinea pig cage. Hurray! I did not clean anything else. Moreover, I made hot dogs and french fries and strawberry slices for dinner. Pretty lazy, right?

On the other hand, Erik did all the dishes and gave the kids baths and clipped their nails and put them to bed.

What did I do, you ask?

I went running! I'm actually quite proud of myself. It was over 95 degrees but it was evening time. I didn't think it would be a big deal but it kind of was. I brought a little bottle of water with me. It turns out I wasn't that thirsty (though I did really wish for chapstick) but I wanted water poured over my head. That really helped. I talked myself into continuing for 50 minutes. At first, I was all inspirational inside my head. Then it degenerated into, "Just don't let this carload of people see you stopping. Okay, good, now don't let this car see you stop. Now this one. Now this one. Okay, stop and stretch. I won't judge you."

So today, after I get out of my pajamas, I will quick-clean things around the house for an hour or so, meet friends at a splash park, get home and cook a big pan of lasagna, and have friends over for dinner. Follow Through Saturday? Perhaps.

(I think the real hero of this duo of posts is Erik, don't you?)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining me! I think it sounds like you did get lots done. Double bonus points for running in that kind of weather! I like going to the library by myself as well. I don't know why I don't bother to do that more often. Good luck finishing your books!

    ReplyDelete