Thursday, September 17, 2009

Playing

Xander loves the cheap little set of mythical beasts I gave him yesterday after he slept at naptime. He played with them all morning without stopping. He asked what the Roc was and when we told him the answer he said, "Nooooo," like we were joking around. He's got a point. From what he knows of rocks, this thing is not a rock. But I got out the book that came with the beasts and turned to the correct page and had him sound out the word R-o-c next to the picture of the Roc. He didn't argue with me after that. This reading thing comes in handy!

Nick was Grade-A #1 uber- charming last night while Erik and I were trying to put him to bed. He stood up on our laps (first Erik's, then mine) and made loud crowing sounds that may have been imitating the noises we were making at him. We just could not resist. He didn't go to bed until way past 10:00. He has this way of gathering up his strength, going from a crouching position to a full standing position, throwing out his arms, and proclaiming his loud noises. I guess it takes some effort. He looks like he's announcing a victory.

And now that I have a little extra time, I will go look for some accompanying photographs. The good recent ones are on Snapfish from my mom's account so all I could find was this picture of Nick which is over a month old. Maybe I'll do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment