Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Xander Helps Mommy

I have to add another post today. Just now, Nick was fussing on a blanket on the floor. Xander said, "I like to help Nick," and put the teething edge of Nick's blanket into his mouth. He sat helping Nick keep the edge in his mouth for a minute. Xander said, "Don't worry." When it happened again, Xander took Nick's burp cloth, wiped his face, put the teether back in Nick's mouth, let Nick hold his finger, and said, "Don't worry. Gaba gaba dichaboo." It is so amazing to see Xander doing these nurturing behaviors. He's always liked Nick but sort of at a hand's length.

Xander says, "Mommy, he's feel better!"

2 comments:

  1. That is really sweet. I think he'll enjoy his big brother duties as Nick gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he will too. Part of it up to this point has been me keeping him away from Nick! But I feel more relaxed about it now. I know Bailey has been like this from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete