Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birds

There are many birds that grace our new neighborhood. Xander keeps seeing a bright cardinal in our backyard and I see and hear a mourning dove. I love mourning doves! I also see something that has a tail that reminds me of a blue jay, but it's not. It's more gray and white or black and white. A swallow? Right now something is calling loudly but I don't know what it is yet. It is almost like a rooster crow but on a lower pitch and more like a cockah-doo, cockah-doo, cockah-doo than the distinctive rooster sound.

We live near a SuperTarget which does indeed have some lower grocery prices than I saw in Jacksonville. Yesterday we passed the elementary school Xander will go to in the fall. It's probably a little too long a walk for Xander to do every day, but there are sidewalks all the way.

We are also very near a Goodwill and I hope to find a microwave and sewing machine there. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. a mockingbird? they look like blue jays but are gray & white. they have a repertory of many calls and songs. They really do mock and repeat almost anything. When we lived in TX we had one in the yard. Once i counted over 20 songs and calls.

    ReplyDelete