Thursday, April 21, 2011

Goodbye to VPK

Well, it's funny-moving-meal time around here. Today for lunch the children and I are having grilled cheese and pepperoni sandwiches on hamburger buns, plus the last of our farm-fresh carrots. Plus more of our sanitized emergency water rations which we are not moving.

On our way home from school, I told Xander I had made his sandwich and it would be all ready for him when we got home.

Silence for a minute.

"Oh!" he said, "I bet that sandwich will be edible."

They had learned the word "edible" in class today. I enjoyed his comment as much as I have enjoyed more enthusiastic descriptions of my cooking. :)

At the end of this post I'll include the picture I took of Xander and Ms. Heather as we were leaving his VPK class for the last time. I cried on the way home. I have just loved his teachers and school so much and so has he. He was cheerful and happily said goodbye. I wonder if he will be sad later, in Texas, when he realizes what moving to another state means.

He gave Ms. Valerie and Ms. Heather mugs he had painted which I then glazed and filled with hot cocoa and herbal tea packets. Ms. Heather cried when she opened hers and Ms. Valerie said that Xander was one of their favorites.

The picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment