Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nick's Language At 22 Months

Nick is now saying three-word sentences like, "Deh oo go" (There you go), "Tay ih ah" (Take it off), and "I keen up" (I clean up). The first time I heard him say "Take it off" was this morning in the car when he was crying about a Band-Aid I had put on his scraped knee. He still really dislikes stickers and sticky things.

He asks me for the box of storybook DVDs every day now, so he can take them all out and put them back in, countless times over the course of a day.

"A dee-ah?" he said today, pointing to the box.

I said, "You want me to get you the box of DVDs?"

He said, "Yeah."

As he was taking them out and saying "dee-ah," I told him they were "D-V-Ds." He smiled and said, "Dee-eeh." Then he went back to "dee-ah." Sometimes he will prolong the "dee" sound when he is trying to sound like me: "Deeeeeeeee-ah."

"Dee-ah? You say dee-ah for DVD?" I asked.

"Yeeaahhh," he said, smiling.

This morning he seemed to be calling for Xander. I think he says, "Nana" for Xander. He seems to be asking Xander to help him, which makes sense because Xander helps him almost as often as Mom or Dad.

He often tells me, "Ank oo" (Thank you), and even, "Elkuh" (You're welcome).

It's safe to say that he is always speaking to us in English now, we just have to try hard to understand the pronunciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment