Friday, June 8, 2012

Three Years Old

About three years and two hours ago (Eastern Time), Nicholas Brady Powers was born. His birth was kind of a breeze (for me) compared to Xander's, due to medication. He actually had his cord wrapped around his neck during delivery. I noticed at some point that the midwife and all the nurses and even my doctor (who otherwise wasn't much involved) had entered the room. They were speaking aggressively cheerfully to me but conferring among themselves. Even in my somewhat lackadaisical medicated state, I understood that something important and possibly negative was happening. The midwife told me I should try again right now to push Nick out and then they would help me if necessary. I got the gist. Nick was delivered about five seconds later. They cut the cord from around his neck and he did fine after that.

He is my follow-the-routine baby. It's probably because I had already been practicing Babywise and Childwise on Xander for half a year and knew a bit more this time around. Now, follow-the-routine does not mean docile. He is quite opinionated and, no matter what his mood, everyone around will hear him express himself.

Below is the "Nick loves" sidebar from the past year. I'm about to change the sidebar to update his interests.

Nick loves:

  • touching people's eyes
  • being tickled or touching foreheads
  • talking - he says at least 15 words
  • climbing up onto things
  • running, saying, "Go! Go!"
  • Matchbox cars
  • books
  • laminated pictures of babies
  • Xander
  • Daddy
  • crackers and chips
  • First Words Lift-the-Flap book
  • Raffi songs, especially in the car
  • My Big Book of Animals
  • coloring
  • throwing the soccer ball
  • the Leapfrog letter sounds song
  • "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" when his brother sings it
  • independent playtime

No comments:

Post a Comment