Monday, December 14, 2009

Doing the Frankenstein

Nick now loves looking at pictures of animals and hearing people make the animal sounds for him. He always wants to get to my book if I read around him. When he lies on his tummy playing, he kicks his feet down so you can always hear a somewhat rhythmic tapping. These are just little things I can never remember to put in the bland baby book but they are part of the whole experience that I don't want to forget.

I helped him stand up just now by holding his hands. He loves standing up tall and doesn't sway or bend or fall usually. He stood looking at his feet for a few moments. He's lost the ability to pick up his feet and walk, I guess, because what he did instead was to buck his whole body. I didn't get it at first, just thought, What crazy thing is he doing? Then I realized it's the same movement that has helped him crawl. Get his arms and legs down on a hard surface and he can kind of do the Worm to get around. He tried the buck a few times but it didn't get him anywhere. So he resorted to leaning his whole body forward. He would have gone somewhere then if I hadn't been holding his hands! It was interesting to see him try a movement that he had already discovered would move him forward when he's on hands and knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment