Tuesday, December 29, 2009

We Did Feed Him Today, We Really Did

Have you ever seen Cookie Monster eat a plate of cookies? Then you have an idea of what Nick did this evening. I started pouring Puffs out of the container onto his tray. He caught the first handful out of midair and slammed them into his mouth. As Puffs scattered on the tray, he grabbed them up in his fists and shoveled them in as if he was in fast forward. I was so shocked I could only yell, "Oh my god, look at what Nick is doing! Look at what Nick is doing!" The word that came to mind later was demon.

This came half an hour after we caught him peeling off strips of a warning sticker from the side of his carseat. He already had a piece the size of a folded moist towelette on the roof of his mouth.

At the dinner table, I said to Erik, "I'm afraid of Nick," thinking he would laugh at me for exaggerating again. Instead, he solemnly agreed.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I was cracking up reading this because I can totally picture this whole scene in my mind. He reminds me of Bailey when it comes to food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And lung power! We have our Bobbsey Twins switched around--maybe Foster and Xander will be similar in temperament and Nick and Bailey will be similar to each other.

    ReplyDelete