Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blogging During the Afternoon Hush

Xander is doing so well with "yes, ma'am"! He's been so cooperative the last two days and I think most of the improvement comes from the time I've spent with him. It's not just him looking into my eyes as we communicate, it's me looking into his eyes as well--giving him full attention.

Again, Nick is crying through his naps. I keep wondering about teething...

I got a suggestion to keep a special item or animal on the changing table and in his bed that he only gets to be with during diaper changes or sleep times. He does have a blankie that is only for sleep times and a squeaky stuffed book for diaper changes, but I love her ideas about an animal or item that can be "part of the family" that he can look forward to being with for naps and bedtime. I am in the midst of trying to knit him a stuffed duck but it won't be completed anytime soon. I just can't teach myself how to use double-pointed needles with online tips and a few sentences from the pattern book.

Maybe the baby doll that looks like Xander can do dances and talk to him while he's getting his diaper changes. I'm sure I'm not the first mom to say this, but if only I had five arms...

The title to this post only applies to the last few minutes. Nick finally fell asleep again and Xander is being discreet if not sleeping in his bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment