Thursday, February 18, 2010

Forts, Cars, and Rescues

This is part of what Xander and I did today:


Can you see the occupant?



Hint: He's peeking out the "door."

Meanwhile, poor Nick is fussing in bed. He's definitely teething. High temperature (but not fever), drool that makes puddles on the floor, crying in bursts and then being happy, grabbing things out of my hand to jam them in his mouth, refusing his solids, and bright red cheeks. I'll be carrying him around more than usual today when the Tylenol's not helping.

He's really into Xander's cars. Xander recently found the wooden baby cars and trucks and re-integrated them into his toy supply (of course). I just had an idea for Xander's birthday present to Nick: the wooden vehicles. But that's not for three months or so. Xander did share them with Nick this morning, but very watchfully and with a few rescue missions. "Help, help! Save me!" the wooden vehicles would cry, and then Xander would look at me to gauge my reaction before trying to gently extricate the vehicle in question from Nick's grasp. It's a process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment