Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Silent Meeting

Xander and I have been doing Quiet Bag silent practice time more consistently. He wants to come with me and Aunt Johanna this Sunday when we go to Quaker meeting. I don't like to take him every time because I think he may be a bit of a distraction for the others, but on the other hand I want him to be around those lovely people and to learn a bit about the atmosphere of silent worship.

He does amazing when he's there, actually. He takes the animals, books, and puzzles out of his Quiet Bag and plays silently for the entire hour (with one or two breaks to softly sing some ABCs). Did I post what he did last time we went? I was so proud of him. ;) He came over to me silently from his play corner and mouthed the words "I have to go to the bathroom." Silently we left the room, went upstairs to the only open bathroom, did his business, and came back down where he silently went back to the corner to play. Granted, at the end of the meeting, he brought his animals to the center of the circle and talked to everyone about them, monopolizing much of the conversation. When I said it was time to pack up and go home, he exclaimed sadly, "But I have to play in the middle and they have to watch me!" Very funny, but not ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment