Friday, May 7, 2010

He Wants To Do Something Wrong

This evening I went into the bonus room to use a permanent marker that was in the desk. Xander had all his figures (and a few animals) out on the floor. He came up to me and said very quietly, "I want you to go away."

I asked, "Why? What do you want to do?"

He whispered, "I want you to go away."

I whispered, "Do you want to do something wrong?"

He whispered, solemnly, "Yes. I want to get out the other animals." (I told him earlier that he could play with all his knight/creature figures but not the animals, too. He had to choose between them.)

I said, "No, you may not do that. You know why? You and I are going to have to clean up your toys in 25 minutes before bed, and if you get more than one set of toys out that's too big a job. But you can play with all your figures here, and even those few animals I let you have earlier."

He said, "Okay. Look! Is it Narnia?"

I said, "Yes, it looks like Narnia to me!"

Now he is happily playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment