Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Words

This afternoon, Nick showed me a couple of new words! Of course, when Daddy came home and I wanted to show him, Nick just smiled a big-ol' silent smile instead of blabbing the word like he had been doing.

The words are "ball" and "quack-quack"! Very exciting! I know that watching a Baby Einstein video last week helped him get "ball" down because they had a segment on balls that he watched carefully. So today I rolled balls back and forth with him saying the word and he said it almost every time except when Daddy came home! His version is "bah" of course.

The quack won't be recognizable for a while. It's more my tone and register of voice that he mimics when we see a picture of a duck. It's kind of a "gwah-gwah" but most of the resemblance is just in the imitation of my voice. Need I say it's darling?

No comments:

Post a Comment