Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Yes" Day

I had an idea for something to do with the kids, based on this post: http://inspiredtoaction.com/2010/11/128-simple-family-activities%E2%80%A6be-a-rockstar-today

This can only be done every once in a great while because if I did it more often, I would come up with spoiled kids, but it makes me a little bit sad how often I say no to my kids. Saying no to dangerous or unhealthy or rude things is fine with me. I'm talking about the times that Xander wants to playfight or make cookies or Nick wants me to read a book to him for the 40th time or they want a little more of something good to eat or drink. Every once in a blue moon, I'd like to say yes to these things more often.

I think I will plan a "Yes" day where the rule is that Mommy has to say yes to all requests that day, as long as they don't endanger or harm anyone or make anyone else feel bad. It's an idea. I may have to refine it.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea! I have thought about doing something like this with Bailey where she gets to plan the whole day out and make the decisions. It would be curious just to see what she decides without my influence. I do tell her "no" way too many times a day. All kids should have a "YES!" day.

    ReplyDelete