Sunday, January 9, 2011

Good Morning

I got Nick up for his breakfast and sat down on the couch to drink coffee and have devotion time. Xander came out a few minutes later and snuggled next to me on the couch. For the first time in his life, he said, "You're pretty, Mom."

This was on the one day this week that I didn't get up early to take a shower and get dressed and put on makeup!

I was pretty flabbergasted so Xander felt that he had to explain it to me. "That means you're beautiful." Wow. A double whammy. What a nice start to my day.

Nick is happy this morning, too. He wanted to get down from breakfast but of course that didn't mean he was quite finished. Trying to get more out of his bowl on top of the table, he spilled the bowl and all its contents on the floor. I am thankful they were only dry Cheerios. Because I am lazy, I am letting him clean them up by picking them up and popping them in his mouth. What a good reminder that I really should have mopped the floors yesterday.

Now I have put him in his pack 'n play to play with foam numbers. He is very interested in them and saying what each one is as he lays it carefully down on the mattress. I hear a lot more letter sounds than number sounds but that makes sense because we have gone through all the letters together and are just starting on the numbers. I hope I'm not confusing him. I figured now was a good time to put the They Might Be Giants album "Here Come the 123s" on our iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment