Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The New Year

Xander is so pleased to be back at school after his long two-week holidays. He can sing songs to tell us all the days of the week and the months of the year, and he knows it is now 2011.

Nick is saying more things all the time. In fact, he's chatting to himself right now (during naptime). Lately he's been falling asleep for nap early, then I have to wake him to go pick up Xander, and then when I put him down for afternoon nap, he barely sleeps. He sits in there and talks to himself. I think it's an 18-month-old thing. Plus I need to keep him up longer in the morning!

We talked about a few goals as a family on New Year's. Erik's are to finish the bunk bed and to win the lottery. Unfortunately, our lottery ticket didn't pan out that day. Xander's are to play with his figures, go to school, go to the Monster Truck Jam, and to play outside. He accomplished three of those things today, and he knows from the TV commercials that he and Dad are going to the Monster Truck Jam in February.

If he won a million dollars, Xander would "play a lot!" He would put millions of dollars in his piggy bank, "and it costs money to play a lot!"

4 comments:

  1. "it costs money to play a lot" No doubt, and costs even more the older you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does! He's got the right idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I've been thinking? Of course, he gets to play a lot already, so he's kind of like a millionaire, right? I get to play a lot, too! Not only with him and Nick (which can be the best feeling in the world but can also be quite boring for me) but with my knitting and board games with Erik and deciding what meals I want to cook and reading and blogging and reading blogs. I'm like a millionaire!

    ReplyDelete