Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Learning Time

Nick has a My Starter Laptop from his aunt and uncle Meng. He is now pointing to the pictures and saying the words for birds, boat, and plane. Just now he pushed the button that says, "Birds, 3," and he pointed to the picture on the screen of the number 3 and three birds!

He is also showing more smarts in manipulating (or trying to manipulate) his parents. We did a Valentine Dump Truck activity which mostly consisted of him coloring the Valentine Dump Truck I made. Then it was time to clean up the markers. Nick gave a little scream and pushed some markers out of the bin. I said, "No! Help Mama clean up! It's time to clean up!" I started putting the markers back in. He yelled and pushed markers out. He got a timeout. When I got him out of his timeout I said, "You need to obey Mommy. Look at Mommy!" He looked away. I gently took his chin and turned his face toward me. He pointed his eyeballs away. I turned his face a little more. He tried even harder to look somewhere else. Finally his eyes flicked toward mine for a second and I let him get down. He decided to plop down on his bottom. I asked if he needed a timeout and then he decided he could get up and try to play again.

Xander is playing his Leapster 2 - also a present from Aunt and Uncle Meng. He is enjoying it and doing well. The next game he wants is Sonic the Hedgehog for some reason. He probably saw the show once on Saturday cartoons. It's a highly rated game so I guess he will be getting that for his birthday. ;) Good thing he doesn't read this blog yet. He does read stickers, traffic signs, words on DVDs, and some books like Hop On Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment