Thursday, January 20, 2011

Siblings

Most of the time, Xander is so kind and loving toward Nick. I am usually impressed. However, he has his moments. Right now we are outside and he is sternly telling Nick, "No! You are messing up my new weapon, and my new castle." It is more the tone of voice than anything else. He also wants to "sweep" with our toddler broom and his passed-down Winnie the Pooh bear just as Nick starts to play with those things.

The last two days I have tried giving Nick a systematic two-nap day. I say systematic because I have been giving him two on especially tired days all along. These last two days he has been sleeping from 10:30 to about 11:30, then we go get Xander, then they eat and play outside, and he goes down by 2:30pm for almost another two hours. He was sleepy before official bedtime, too. I think he may have some more catching up to do. I kind of like this new schedule since it gets both boys out and using up energy in the beautiful part of the day, before they go do their quieter activities.

Update on playing together:

Xander wanted Nick to be a "bad golem" and I said that was okay as long as he didn't touch Nick while he was pretending that. Next time I looked up, Xander was sitting in the jogging stroller and "the bad golem is pushing the horses." Take a look:
Not a very good picture because it was too far away and the wrong angle and through the porch screen, but it's Nick pushing Xander in the jogging stroller and he really gave it some hefty pushes! Fun times for Xander.

Awww, sweet little Nick in his play kitchen wonderland:
This is where Xander was (running through the picture as usual):

No comments:

Post a Comment